With the increasing popularity of spas, leisure centres and holistic therapy centres, career opportunities for qualified Beauty Therapists or Aestheticians are expanding rapidly. Among the many areas of employment open to graduates are:
- Beauty Salon Employee
- Beauty Salon Owner
- Make up artistry, with employment for talented individuals in fashion, stage and TV make up
- Cosmetic consultants in department stores
- Pharmacy beauty adviser
- Sales representatives for cosmetic companies
- Health and fitness centres
- Spas and health farms
- Home visiting services, treating clients in their own homes
- Hospital visiting service allowing patients to avail of a visiting therapist
- Teaching, for well academically qualified graduates
Opportunities for Travel
Tropical Spas, Cruise Ships, Luxury Hotels and Beauty Salons in the world’s great cities – all of them employ therapists with these diplomas and the opportunities are growing all the time.
If you are looking for a career which provides the chance to work overseas, then Beauty Therapy definitely fits the bill!