Introduction to Lymphatic Drainage Massage Certificate
1 Day course
This course will give an introduction into techniques used in lymphatic drainage massage. Lymphatic Drainage Massage is an advanced therapy that enables learners/therapists to provide treatment for the purpose of deep relaxation and stress relief. LDM stimulates body's detoxification processes and aids in the reduction of excess fluid and oedema.
LDM is very gentle, slow and rhythmic massage that is soothing for the body. A range of specialised, gently pumping techniques are used to stretch and move the skin to aid the lymphatic system.
Benefits of LDM:
- boosting the immune system
- cleanses and rejuvenates the body
- reduces fluid retention, swelling, puffiness and dark circles
- improves skin complexion (pores, congestion and acne reduction, skin texture improved) can be used pre and post surgery to accelerate healing
- speeds up healing of the scar tissue
- eases bloating and digestion problems
- eases headaches, sinus congestion, fibromyalgia, arthritis and other inflammatory disorders
Learners may wish to progress to the ITEC certificate in Lymphatic Drainage course.
- Anatomy of lymphatic system
- Practical lymphatic drainage
- The history of LDM
- LDM theory
- Homecare and aftercare
- Kilkenny College of Beauty and Sports Therapy Introduction to Lymphatic Drainage Massage Certificate
- Optional and at an additional fee:
- Indian head massage, Thermal Auricular Therapy etc.
Please contact us for dates and cost