Diet and Nutrition
Part Time – One day per week – 9.30-4.30
- Participants will learn how diet affects health, how to ensure a balanced diet, how to use diet to maintain and improve health and about common eating disorders. Learn about the anatomy and physiology of the digestive system along with the effects and benefits of nutrients in the body, including imbalances within.
- This is an excellent qualification alongside other Complementary or Beauty Therapy qualifications. Successful graduates will be able to give safe and effective advice to clients about healthy eating and using diet to promote and enhance their health. The course is suitable for anyone who wishes.
- Another therapy diploma is needed to do ITEC diploma
- This qualification equips therapists with a higher level of knowledge in diet and nutrition to complement their other treatments and enable them to give general dietary advice. This can also be an excellent add on course for those in the fitness and health world or as a standalone for personal knowledge to apply to your own lifestyle.
- The Kilkenny College of Beauty and Sports Therapy Certificate in Diet and Nutrition
- ITEC Certificate in Diet and Nutrition for Complementary Therapists (for those who previously hold a therapy qualification, alternately ITEC Holistic massage can be added to this course at a reduced price)
Contact the college for more information.