Diet & Nutrition Diploma
The Diet and Nutrition Diploma course is available either as an evening course or as a two mornings weekly course. Participants will learn how diet affects health, how to ensure a balanced diet, how to use diet to maintain and improve health and about common eating disorders.
Successful graduates will be able to give safe and effective advice to clients about healthy eating and using diet to promote and enhance their health. The course is suitable for anyone who wishes to gain an increased understanding of the role of diet in maintaining health.
Those who complete the course and pass the end of year examinations will be awarded certification by CIBTAC & ITEC.
- Duration: 8 Weeks
- Attendance: 2 mornings or 2 evenings per week
- Certification: CIBTAC, ITEC (More info)
Diet & NutritionSyllabus
This is an outline of the topics covered by the course.
- Major Food Groups
- Carbohydrates, Protein & Fat
- Vitamins & Minerals
- Anti-nutrients, toxins
- Care of Food
- Methods of cooking
- Effects of cooking
- Anatomy & Physiology of the Digestive System
- Common Health Disorders associated with Food & Diet
- Refined and Unrefined Foods
- Obesity, Anorexia and Bulimia
- The Balanced Healthy Diet
- Current Trends & New Concepts in Nutrition